It's Good to Give
Hacker Group employees give back to the community. We’re happy to be able to share our success with people who aren’t as lucky.
Most recently, we held the "Drink It In" arts auction, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting charity: water, a nonprofit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Hacker Group employees donated their time, talent and objets d’art (original artwork, jewelry, photography and more) to help this critical cause.
Together we were able to raise over $6,800, with every $20 raised providing clean drinking water for one person. To join us in supporting the 800 million people who can’t access clean drinking water in their daily lives, you can visit the charity: water website here.
Our employee-run Philanthropy Committee is a group of volunteers who come up with fun ways to raise money and donate it to great causes. Here are a few examples of their work:
- Hacker Group employees sponsor a child in Kenya through donations put in coin boxes in our cafes.
- You’ll find us celebrating Earth Day by volunteering to plant trees and clean up a local watershed that supplies Seattle.
- We make Easter baskets for kids at a local domestic violence shelter and adopt the moms and kids at the same shelter each holiday season to fulfill their gift wishes.
- We provide microloans through Kiva to help alleviate poverty internationally.
- All employees can promote their own causes, raising money from fellow employees with a match of up to $100 from Hacker Group.
Want to work with us? Apply.